My dear, Hope

 I had a daughter once, her name was Hope.

Oh, you should've seen how my heart leaped in joy when I held her in my arms.
Every fiber in me was dedicated to making her safe and showering her with all the love I could give.
I cradled her in my arms. Oh, you should've seen how her tiny fingers were my reason to live.
She was my love. My own.

I spent nights stroking her hair and showing her off to the moon as its competitor.
I held her close to me always. Blocking and pushing away the things that might prick her baby skin.
Oh, I wish I could buy love in the supermarket, buy it for her and gift wrap it with care and dreams and give every stock they have, to my precious. And I would happily spend years paying it off with nothing but her happiness in return.
Oh, i dreamt I held my baby Hope, in my hands singing to her on rainy nights till my coffee got cold and I dozed off, my baby Hope sound asleep in my arms.

But one day I had a horrific dream, I dreamt that my hope was gone.
I searched frantically around, to find her. I stumbled my way through her scattered toys and broken crayons. Her laughs still echoed in my ears, The walls reminded me of last week's rain pour that died her late-night cries.

Slowly, everything sunk in. I could feel my heart ripping apart.
I was washed away by all my tears. The room disappeared and I was surrounded by water, drowning in it. The waves echoed every minute I spent with hope. I choked in every wave that brought upon a sad realization.

The mind kept repeating the same thought, My hope is gone. My hope is gone. MY HOPE IS GONE. As if each time the thought appeared, it sent a shock throughout my body. Hope is gone. I tried to say it out but halfway I swallowed my words.
The weight of this thought dragged me down to the pits of the ocean.

My hope is gone.
Hope is gone.

Written on : 17 Sept 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stained cloth

Letters to my love

A Writer