When I first went on stage I blanked out and felt my knees shaking. I was pretty sure I would make a fool out of myself and I definitely did. Everything was just so bad at that moment. My knees wobbly, my voice shaky, palms were profusely sweating and I could hear how weird my voice sounded. I just wanted to run off that stage. Even though only about 20 people were in that auditorium, I felt like I was being judged and under the microscope by infinite number of eyes. It was beyond horrendous. When everything was going bad, I also noticed a faint feeling of belonging (which at that time I mistook it as nausea). The more I pushed myself to be in the spot light the more I loved the feeling of everyone listening to what I had to say. I realised when I held the microphone, I had the power. The power to say what I want, to show people who I truly am. This estatic feeling overpowered the fear of being ridiculed or mocked. I've worked 6 years on m...
When you've been brought up in a chaotic environment, you learn that quietness is scary. Early on, you learn that silence is the result of disappointment and that its an indicator that something bad is going to happen. And you do anything to fill the pauses and unwelcome silence. The loudest noise drowns In eerie silence, however painful is where you will find solace.
Art, simply put, is about subtly breaking barriers that only come with a depth of understanding and perception. While exploring the world of art through history, we can understand the plethora and range that it constitutes. Initially, the concept of art was limited to replicating nature, but it has gradually evolved to understanding the dynamics of human culture, relationships, emotions, and communities. Art has increasingly been used as a way of communicating thoughts and concepts. With each era throughout the history of humankind, the idea of art is in constant flux. Yet, the necessity to express ourselves remains unchanged. It is, in fact, in our DNA to articulate and share our innermost stories and perspective through our eyes. Art can be comprehended as blatantly raw and symbolic to a particular instance in time or a notion of elusiveness. A narrative is compelled by the layers and gravitas a work of art retained regardless of its origin, genre, or form. A painti...
Comments
Post a Comment