Things no one tells you about self love :

1)  It's boring. It's fucking boring. There is no drama no feathers to ruffle with,no power play. 

Just plain old boring eating and sleeping. 

2)  You start loving yourself to feel less lonelier right?  To feel more in the present but GUESS THE FUCK WHAT,  it is so Damn Lonely.
Because once we start listening to our mind and our bodies we start listening attentively to our intutuions and vibes,  we start avoiding situations that dont help us grow and we start cutting people who bring us down,  off. If we ain't vibing we ain't chillin',hoe. So we end up being our own company. Our only company.

3)  Just because we are in the journey of self love doesn't mean we will immediately find the love of our lives and get married and have 10 kids.  Unfortunately loving ourselves isn't part of a checklist to finding love. ( y'all know the tumblr quotes like "love yourself and you will find love immediately" Ya that's bullshit, boo)
Yes they go side by side but the guy of your dreams or the woman of your dreams doesn't magically pop in front of you just because you ate a salad and did squats.

4) It's frustrating as hell. At least for me,  cus honestly hunni I cannot deal with my own bullshit and emotional baggage sometimes.
It's like opening up all the things you did in 6th std and somehow making yourself love that phase where you would awkwardly laughed while people cried in a serious situation and analysing why you did what you did.

5)  It is Bizarre.  You make yourself cry while dealing with all the shit in your mind and then treat yourself to a dessert to stop yourself from crying. Like bitch whaaaat?🤦‍♀

6)  IT IS DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE. We all have our ways and methods to heal. What works for me, may not work for you. And we all have different phases and time frames. There is basically no right or wrong. If I think hogging a 1kg cake all by myself is Self love,  then bitch it is. You ain't no shit to tell me what is right or wrong for my body,  bro.
You do you,  boo and I do me.
No one knows me better than me,  hunni.

7) It takes time. If you haven't gotten the patience for it then start borrowing,  begging or stealing,  cus self love is a bitch that ain't going to let you live in peace till you figure that shit that's been there for years.  So might as well learn to given in and listen to what your mind,  body and soul need or that bitch is gonna bite yo ass.

8] You'll treat yourself like an adult and a baby. Depending on the situation. You start rationalizing arguments and calculating your expenses (Urgh?)
Also,  when you're sad or ocassiona you'll treat yourself to your favorite dress,  food or thing and gift yourself and shit. 
(*Relateable content specifically targetting loners,like me*)

9) I guess we get better at it (????)  Helps in other relationships and shit( I read this on Thoughts Catalogue or somewhere)
I have no idea. I have no idea what I'm doing.
*Hoggs 1Kg chocolate cake*
*Regrets it immediately*

10)  Chill the fuck out,  we'll figure life out. Just do whatever the fuck makes you happy as long as it's not killing the people you hate.( apparently that's illegal) 

So long folks,  happy self loving,bitches.  💃

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer

Letters to my love

Stained cloth