The end of my childhood escapism and fictious bubble.

Harry Potter has been an integral part of who I am. Irrespective of all the emotions I carry in regards to the fictional series. I adherently believe that Radical feminism without Trans inclusivity is problematic and intolerant.

I am not ready to give up the feelings I had reading that book as a kid because in my naiveté and midst of unbearable childhood truma, that book gave me tremendous hope and will to live.

I will take my time to understand and comprehend this change and realise that what once helped me grow diminishes the value of my other fellow human beings. Irrespective of how I feel, one of my core beliefs were shaken by the comments of "J.K. Rowling".

With my growth, I understand that she doesn't believe the same hope that I once recieved from her books extends to so many trans kids out there that are struggling to fit in this transmisogynistic culture.

I recognise my privilege and believe that inclusivity and protection of Trans and gender non confirming folk is far more important.

It's time we step out of the fictitious bubble we comfort ourselves in and understand that things dear to us can be problematic and it might have been an essential part of our childhood but it is no longer healthy or reasonable to hold onto.

Gently my love, let go of past belief/ideas/role models/work that is harmful to us or/and others.✨

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Writer

Letters to my love

Stained cloth